Thursday, January 21, 2010

About the dress - somebody stop me! :P

(January 12, while Babe is asleep)

I haven't told you yet how much I love my wedding dress... :))

If there's one aspect of the wedding that I have daydreamed about most, next to the groom of course, it would be the dress. I know, its the girly-girl in me. Long before I have been engaged, I was already dreaming about my wedding dress. I have sketched it many times; pictured in my head that long white dress, with a beautiful train, flowing with me as I walk down the aisle. You know how some girls have that wedding dress dream, some girls don't. I do. In fact, its one thought that relaxes me and puts me to sleep at night. What? It's a girl thing.

So, when did I know that Tito Dan would be making my wedding dress? Maybe during Kuya JB at Ate Tina's wedding, when I saw the bride walk down the aisle in a Dan Cadiz creation. It was simple yet stunning. Probably the most simple from him that I saw. But the bride was so confident and felt pretty in her wedding gown. That moment, I knew that there was no looking elsewhere.

Tito Dan and I have been kinda chatty for several years now since Mama, Kaye and I would always go to him when we are in need of a dress for events; Kaye's debut, her prom, my graduation, a relative's wedding, and all those years, he hasn't let us down. We just come up with the cut, a design, something simple we saw from a magazine or on TV, and he gives us something... bonggacious - sorry, there is just no suitable alternative for the word. What he makes for us is always prettier than we imagine. Sometimes we are taken aback by his boldness to create such a design for us, but he is always confident that we can pull it off. He treats us like his muses which is why I'm always comfortable with him and his designs.

Now about the design that he made for me... for this one particular dress that will be the culmination of all the gowns I had in my life.

So I showed Tito Dan a picture I saw in a magazine. Its a dress by Romona Keveza, an international fashion designer. Its really just simple but elegant and romantic. Girly but not princess-y. Or maybe it is somehow a princess dress, but not a Cinderella ballgown. So I explained to him what I'm visualizing (as a client, I'm very expressive on what I want, and keen on details): the cut, the color, the texture and weight of the fabric; the restrictions - not too low on the front (I don't want to get in an argument with Babe about it on our wedding day), minimal beadwork. Instantly after that, he sketched a dress for me. And it was beautiful. It's flirty, flowy, offbeat and romantic. It wasn't exactly how I pictured my wedding dress to be, but unexplainably, I was blown away.

It wasn't the dress I saw in my head a thousand times, but one look at it and I knew it was me. Maybe its not me in my constant state yet, but its the woman that I want to be. Its the dress I want to wear when I'm meeting the love of my life down the aisle. It was gorgeous and breathtaking. I loved it instantly and I'm so excited to see it come to life and wear it.

I know I just saw the initial sketch, but I already have a good, unshakable feeling about it. I know Dan Cadiz wouldn't disappoint. After all, he waited a long time for this, he said so himself. Which is why I'm very confident that it's gonna turn out beautifully.

Now that the arrangements for the dress have been made, I only have to work on the body, which should do justice to the dress. I need a leaner frame by mid-February or the end of February when I would be having my measurements taken. Like Tito Dan said, I'll get married only once, when all eyes would be on me. So I should do whatever is needed to look and feel beautiful on that day. Diet and exercise it is. I can do it, I know I can. All for the dream dress and my babe's face when he sees me walking towards him. See? the groom is always number one on my daydream list ;)

(Sorry, I can't post pictures of the peg and the sketch. I want it to be a surprise for most.)

No comments:

Post a Comment